History of DMA
Dickson Medical Associates roots go very deep in the history of Dickson County. It began as Jackson Clinic in January 1940 and was opened by Dr. L.C. Jackson. In 1946, Dr. William Jack and Dr. James T. Jackson came in to the practice. The business continued to grow and additional facilities were added.
The Jackson Clinic continued to expand their services to Dickson and the surrounding counties. In 1979 they welcomed Dr. Walter A. Bell Jr. from Dickson General into the group. Over the years they opened satellite clinics in White Bluff, Lyles, Fairview, Ashland City, McEwen, Centerville and Waverly.
In 1996, with a practice of approximately 42 physicians and 225 employees the decision was made to sell the Clinic to Columbia/HCA. During this phase, although the hospital and clinic were owned by the same parent company they were maintained as separate entities.
In January 2001 the physician group believed it was in the best interest of the community to purchase the Clinic back from HCA. They decided the name Dickson Medical Associates, PC (DMA) best represented the new organization.
May 2009, Dickson Medical Associates expanded again with the completion of the 81,000 square foot medical office building located at 127 Crestview Park Drive.
It has always and will continue to be the goal of Dickson Medical Associates, PC to provide the best possible care for the citizens of Dickson and surrounding counties.