Mobile Testing Unit
Dickson Medical Associates realizes that there is a great deal of confusion surrounding the Coronavirus and the testing process. The addition of the Mobile Testing Unit (MTU) is meant to centralize testing for COVID-19, Flu and Strep, and provide an organized, safe, and comfortable testing process for patients who present with any of the following symptoms:
- upper respiratory with or without fever
- nausea with or without vomiting
- altered smell or taste
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- body aches and chills
- confirmed/possible COVID-19 exposure
THE TESTING PROCESS…
1. Park in a numbered Mobile Testing Unit parking slot, and call the registration number. Make sure you have your ID and insurance card ready for verification.
2. The MTU triage attendant will ask if you have a smart phone that can be used for registration, and an email will be sent to your smart phone so you can register. If you do not have a smart phone, then a member of the MTU team will take a Phreesia pad to your car for registration.
3. After you have completely registered, a nurse will call you and document your symptoms. You will be asked to pull up to the carport to be assessed by a provider.
4. After your provider assessment, you will be swabbed and tested.
5. Once the testing process is completed, you are free to leave.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the Mobile Testing Unit located?
The DMA Mobile Testing Unit (MTU) is located at Crestview Park. When you turn into Crestview Park Drive, you will take the first left turn up the hill and park in a numbered parking stall in front of the MTU.
Do I need an appointment?
No. Patients are seen on a first come, first registered basis. Patients must park in a numbered MTU parking stall and call the registration coordinator. You will be seen once registration is completed.
How much does it cost?
At this time, visits for most COVID and COVID-related testing services are covered by all major insurance companies and Medicare. Most insurance companies have waived cost-sharing (copays) for COVID-19 as part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), however we encourage you to check with your specific plan as this may change at the discretion of the insurance company. For those without insurance, the cost of a visit with our medical providers and COVID (rapid) testing is $150. If additional tests are performed, those will be at an additional cost.
When is the MTU open?
Monday though Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
How will I find out my test results?
The most easily accessible way to find out your test results is through the paitent portal. If you do not have an established patient portal, you can enroll at www.dicksonmd.com/enroll. If your results are positive, you will receive a call with further instructions. Due to the large volume of patients being tested, your test results could take up to 7 days to process.