Family Practice Physician
Posted On: 08/01/2019
Family Practice Physician
Certified Physician to join our care team and provide patients with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services. The ideal candidate is an intuitive healthcare professional whose diagnostic abilities are only matched by their concern for their patients. The person in the Physician role will be responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing patients in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet state and national standards for caregiving. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. The right candidate will have a passion for providing diagnostic services to patients and will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals in our organization.
- Work with the primary healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
- Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
- Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment.
- Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
- Experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments and health regimens to treat patient health issues.
- Experience collaborating with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues.
- Experience working in a team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- At Least 3 years of experience in a Primary Care Physician role outside of their residency.
- D. or D. O. degree from an accredited United States medical school.
- Successful completion of residency and at an accredited healthcare institution.
- Board certification in primary care or related field from said residency.
- Current Stale Medical Practitioner License.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.