Laboratory/Pathology Assistant/Billing Clerk
Posted On: 12/23/2019
Laboratory/Pathology Assistant/Billing Clerk is responsible for planning, organizing and managing our Pathology and lab billing operation to create clean claims for billing purposes. This position performs various functions in the lab to include data entry, answering telephones, mail distribution, copying, faxing, scanning, sending reports, reference lab issues, specimen handling, and assisting department with secretarial functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements include: High school diploma or equivalent. Certified Phlebotomist or Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. Minimum two year of laboratory experience preferred. Medical practice experience helpful. Current CPR certificate preferred. MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PERFORM DEPARTMENT DUTIES IN A TIMELY AND EFFICIENT MANNER.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned. All job duties must be performed in a manner that demonstrates the company Leadership Attributes and support of the Mission & Values of the company);
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing our billing operation to create clean claims for billing purposes.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Phlebotomy, Registration, Reference Labs, IT, Finance and Managed Care teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and helping drive improvements in lab billing and collections.
- Oversee the identification, analysis and resolution of compliance, reimbursement, and internal billing issues in a timely manner.
- Assist in training staff on new system implementation upgrades and improvements in our billing and financial systems.
- Ensure customer needs are identified, monitored, and practices modified to maximize customer satisfaction within established standards.
- Motivate, facilitate, mentor and coach subordinates to deliver high quality, cost effective services. Maintain cost to collect ratios.
- Any other tasked assigned