Licensed Practical Nurse–Full-Time
Posted On: 05/12/2020
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma.
- Graduation from an approved practical nursing program.
- Minimum one year of LPN experience; Family Practice clinic experience preferred.
- State-licensed practical nurse.
- ACLS trained.
- EHR a must.
- Minimum on year experience in MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail.
Duties to include( but not limited to):
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.