Licensed Practical Nurse–Part-Time Cardiology
Posted On: 05/12/2020
LPN – Part-Time – Thursday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements include: High school diploma. Graduation from an approved practical nursing program. Minimum one year of LPN experience; Cardiology office experience preferred. State-licensed practical nurse. ACLS trained. . EHR required – NextGen preferred /Minimum one year experience as a. MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Assist physician with in office procedures, pre-op and post-op care for general surgical procedures, patient education and procedure scheduling.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.