LPN or Certified Registered Medical Assistant, Weekends
Posted On: 06/16/2020
Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
Express Care, South Location, Saturday and Sunday
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma.
- Graduation from an approved practical nursing program. Minimum one year of LPN experience; Family Practice clinic experience preferred.
- State-licensed practical nurse.
- ACLS trained.
- EHR required – NextGen preferred.
- Or Minimum one-year experience as a Registered MA – High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college course in medical assisting. Appropriate certificate indicating passing grade for specific specialty if working in specialty department.
- MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Rooming in patients, taking and recording vital signs, obtain medical history and any other pertinent information to assist provider as directed and record in the electronic medical record.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the provider..
- Responsible for accurately documenting in patient’s electronic health record.
- Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls.
- Instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction; performs patient education when appropriate.
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure exam rooms are neat and clean, and equipment is in good order at all times; including any safety and maintenance checks.
Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.