LPN or Registered MA – Part-Time Allergy
Posted On: 06/20/2019
LPN or Registered MA – Part-Time Allergy – EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements include: High school diploma. Graduation from an approved practical nursing program. Minimum one year of LPN experience; Allergy clinic experience preferred. State-licensed practical nurse. ACLS trained. EHR required – NextGen preferred. Or Minimum one-year experience as a Registered MA – High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college course in medical assisting. Appropriate certificate indicating passing grade for specific specialty if working in specialty department.MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail. Duties to include (but not limited to):
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rooming in patients, taking and recording vital signs, obtain medical history and any other pertinent information to assist provider as directed and record in the electronic medical record.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Mix and accurately prepare allergy vials for injections.
- Administer allergy injections in a safe and aseptic manner.
- Responsible for antigen breakdown and re-mixing of testing boards.
- Test and treat patients for allergy related problems in a caring and competent manner.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician; administering any prescribed medications as directed.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining allergy supplies and inventories.
- Responsible for weekly maintenance of allergy testing equipment.
- Responsible for accurately documenting in patient’s electronic health record.
- Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls.
- Instructs patient and family regarding treatment instruction; performs patient education when appropriate.
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA guidelines.
- Front office responsibilities to include but not limited to checking in, insurance verification, and payment collection.
- Ensure allergy department is neat and clean, and equipment is in good order at all times; including any safety and maintenance checks.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May assist with clerical duties
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned