Nurse Practitioner, Allergy
Posted On: 05/30/2019
Nurse Practitioner, Allergy
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing Allergy care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, and educating patients.. Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care. The Nurse Practitioner will specialize in an Allergy clinical care, participating in a team environment to include open communication, trust, accountability and mutual respect. Current state license as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum requirements include: Bachelor of Science Nursing required, Masters of Science Nursing preferred.
- Successful completion of advanced practitioner training and certification as a practitioner (general or specialized) from an approved nurse practitioner program.
- Two (2) years of Allergy experience
- Current state registered nurse license.
- Current state license as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- Current CPR certification.
- MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with ADA regulations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PERFORM DEPARTMENT DUTIES IN A TIMELY AND EFFICIENT MANNER.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Handles minor lacerations. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Prepares documentation for medical records including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written/computerized manner.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Acts as consultant/collaborator to clinical team on area of specialty. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time