Signed up? Click Here
What is a Patient Portal?
A Patient Portal is a secure web based service that eliminates time-consuming phone calls and allows you, the patient, on-line access to your physician’s office. Our portal, which is powered by NextMD, helps you maintain an on-going healthcare relationship with DMA. The portal operates by a password protected log-in that you receive upon registering for the service. Only you will have access to your information. If the patient is under 18 years of age, the responsible parent will receive the enrollment code and password information.
Benefits of NextMD
With NextMD, you can access a wealth of general health information online, view new messages from the practice or take advantage of these many powerful benefits:
- Access and request personal or general information.
- Request a non-urgent appointment or confirm an appointment. For all urgent issues, we ask that you call our office at (615) 446-5121.
- Ask billing questions.
- Manage family accounts.
- Request immunization records.
- No health information is sent via email. When a message is sent from the doctor’s office, you receive an email stating you have a new message from Dickson Medical Associates and are directed to log in to NextMD to review.
How Do I Sign Up?
There are three ways for you to register for NextMD.
Simply provide your email address at check-in today. You will receive a temporary enrollment token.
Once you have your temporary token go directly to www.NextMD.com, enter your enrollment token and then follow the instructions.
Call our Customer Service Line at (615) 446-1337 and a helpful member of our staff will assist you in registering for NextMD.
Email us from your preferred email address at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a token number.
- I have lost my token/my token is more than 30 days old and the website won’t take it. What should I do?
Dickson Medical Associates takes your privacy very seriously. The tokens expire within 30 days as a security measure. If your token has expired, you may request a new token by contacting our office and completing our verification process. Once your identity has been verified, another token will be generated for you.
- How quickly can I expect a response to my message?
Patients should allow at least 24 hours for a response to their message. However, it is common for our staff to reply more promptly.
- I have forgotten my User Name/ Password, how can I retrieve it?
Go to www.NextMD.com and click on “don’t remember your user name or password” link. Use any of the options.
- My User Name, Password, or Security Question Answer is not working. I know I entered it correctly. What do I do?
Remember that all login information (username, password and security question answer) is case sensitive. Make sure that you are entering the information in the same case that you created your login. If you still cannot login, go to www.NextMD.com and click on “don’t remember your user name or password”. Use the options listed for login information retrieval. If you are still experiencing problems, contact our office.
- I have been locked out of my account, how can I unlock it?
Accounts can become locked after three unsuccessful login attempts but will automatically unlock after 30 minutes.
- I have a new email address, how can I change it?
Login to www.NextMD.com and click on the “My Account Tab”. Go to “My Information” and then scroll down to email addresses, where you can make the change.
- My doctor’s office said they sent me a NextMD message, but I never received an email letting me know that a message was available. What should I do?
The email notification was likely lost in your Spam filter. Search your Spam folder and correct the filter to prevent it from identifying these notifications as Spam. Even if the notification was lost, any messages or documents that were sent via the NextGen Patient Portal can be retrieved by logging into NextMD and reviewing your inbox.
- When I try to set up my NextMD for the first time, the site is telling me that I have an invalid security code or email address.
Contact Dickson Medical Associates, we may need to verify that the patient email is correctly entered into our system. If this is correct, you may need to be re-issued a security code.
- I need help signing in who can I talk to?
To contact a NextMD support representative, please call 615-446-1337, or email us at email@example.com
(office hours: M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm)
We are very excited about providing this service to you. Your health and well-being are our number one priority. Be sure to sign up today to begin enjoying the many benefits of our Patient Portal.