New Users: Click Here To Enroll
Returning Users: Click Here To LoginWhat is a Patient Portal?
A Patient Portal is a secure web based service that eliminates time-consuming phone calls and allows you, the patient, on-line access to your physician’s office. Our portal, which is powered by NextMD, helps you maintain an on-going healthcare relationship with DMA. The portal operates by a password protected log-in that you receive upon registering for the service. Only you will have access to your information. If the patient is under 18 years of age, the responsible parent will receive the enrollment code and password information.
- Access and request personal or general information.
- Request a non-urgent appointment or confirm an appointment. For all urgent issues, we ask that you call our office at (615) 446-5121.
- Ask billing questions.
- Manage family accounts.
- Request immunization records.
- No health information is sent via email. When a message is sent from the doctor’s office, you receive an email stating you have a new message from Dickson Medical Associates and are directed to log in to NextMDto review.
- Is there a username and password policy to enroll in Patient Portal?
The latest username and password policy is as follows:
You must provide a unique username having 6 to 50 characters. It can be a combination of any alpha-numeric and special characters. The username is not case sensitive.
You must choose a password that is easy to remember but difficult for others to guess. The password must be between 8 and 200 characters. It should be alpha-numeric, with at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, and one special character. If the password meets the password requirements, the corresponding cross marks (x) will change to tick marks.
- How many security questions should I select?
When you enroll in Patient Portal for the first time, you will receive a prompt to select all five security questions and provide your secret answers for those. Security questions and the answers you provide will help you protect your account and verify your identity when you reset your password or recover your username without a registered email address.
If you already have an account and you have not yet updated your security questions, while logging onto Patient Portal, you will be prompted to select all five security questions and set your answers.
- I have lost my token/my token is more than 30 days old and the website won’t take it. What should I do?
Dickson Medical Associates takes your privacy very seriously. The tokens expire within 30 days as a security measure. If your token has expired, you may request a new token by contacting our office and completing our verification process. Once your identity has been verified, another token will be generated for you.
- How quickly can I expect a response to my message?
Patients should allow at least 24 hours for a response to their message. However, it is common for our staff to reply more promptly.
- I have forgotten my User Name/ Password, how can I retrieve it?
Go to www.NextMD.com and click on “don’t remember your user name or password” link. Use any of the options.
- My User Name, Password, or Security Question Answer is not working. I know I entered it correctly. What do I do?
Remember that all login information (username, password and security question answer) is case sensitive. Make sure that you are entering the information in the same case that you created your login. If you still cannot login, go to www.NextMD.com and click on “don’t remember your user name or password”. Use the options listed for login information retrieval. If you are still experiencing problems, contact our office.
- I have been locked out of my account, how can I unlock it?
Accounts can become locked after three unsuccessful login attempts but will automatically unlock after 30 minutes.
- I have a new email address, how can I change it?
Login to www.NextMD.com and click on the “My Account Tab”. Go to “My Information” and then scroll down to email addresses, where you can make the change.
- My doctor’s office said they sent me a NextMD message, but I never received an email letting me know that a message was available. What should I do?
The email notification was likely lost in your Spam filter. Search your Spam folder and correct the filter to prevent it from identifying these notifications as Spam. Even if the notification was lost, any messages or documents that were sent via the NextGen Patient Portal can be retrieved by logging into NextMD and reviewing your inbox.
- When I try to set up my NextMD for the first time, the site is telling me that I have an invalid security code or email address.
Contact Dickson Medical Associates at (615) 446-1319. We may need to verify that the patient email is correctly entered into our system. If this is correct, you may need to be re-issued a security code.
- I need help signing in who can I talk to?
To contact a NextMD support representative, please call 615-446-1319, or email us at email@example.com
(Office hours: M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm)
We are very excited about providing this service to you. Your health and well-being are our number one priority. Be sure to sign up today to begin enjoying the many benefits of our Patient Portal.